Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Review Specialist I - Loan Review
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Credit / Underwriting
The Credit Review Specialist I is responsible for performing independent and unbiased monitoring and assessments of the company's credit and funding activities. This team member will work closely with the dealer segment by monitoring compliance of the company's policies and procedures for purposes of improving operational performance.
- Perform quality monitoring across the organization and assist in addressing areas of non-compliance in order to sustain company policies, procedures, and state and federal regulatory compliance.
- Analyze, summarize, and monitor compliance with credit policies and assist in creating reports for management with viable recommendations for improvement of such business operations, efficiencies, and internal controls.
- Consult with management when needed and make independent decisions on policy exceptions while recommending additional monitoring activities to ensure risk is mitigated.
- Assist in identifying overall weaknesses within company policies and procedures and recommend change when necessary.
- Assess company processes and determine if additional review processes / enhancements are needed to protect the company.
- Conduct AdHoc reviews and make recommendations on recurring reviews based on review findings.
- Document training opportunities identified in reviews to be communicated to Dealer Services and Loan Services.
- Attend department meetings to discuss areas of concern and make recommendations to address concerns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Credit Review Manager
- Subordinates: None
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment, and logic when solving issues, providing recommendations, and making decisions.
- Ability to understand GM Financial's business, apply knowledge and critical thinking skills in day-to-day problems and solutions.
- Working knowledge of Provenir, Salesforce, and CPW.
- Knowledge of financial industry and regulatory compliance of applicable state and federal lending laws.
- Ability to provide recommendations on planning, execution, and improvement of work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives with little direct supervision.
- Situational analysis is critical relative to interpreting underwriting and funding activities compared to corporate policy.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to proactively achieve goals and objectives, which positively impact GM Financial's overall business results.
- Ability to identify trends within review processes that may impact loan performance and make recommendations on policy and/or procedure revisions to mitigate risk.
- Ability to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation and make recommendations for investigation.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, analysis, and logic when solving issues, providing recommendations, and making decisions.
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential information and situations.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in related business field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Prior automobile finance industry experience is beneficial.
- Prior credit review experience in a consumer lending environment that is dependent on credit scoring is beneficial.
Normal office environment – Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.