Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Review Buyback Analyst II
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Credit / Underwriting
The Credit Review Buyback Analyst II is responsible for facilitating the buyback process on the behalf of GM Financial. The buyback process is initiated when Credit Review documents a violation of the dealer agreement and escalates it to the business unit. The Buyback Analyst II works in conjunction with the business unit as they attempt to reach a positive resolution with the business source. This position requires sound judgment, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to multitask.
- Build effective working relationships with other departments and external parties to accomplish departmental and corporate strategic business goals and objectives.
- Educate internal and external parties on the GM Financial Dealer Agreement and violations of the dealer agreement.
- Thoroughly prepare, document, and escalate unresolved buyback cases to outside counsel for legal pursuit. Maintain regular communication with outside counsel to ensure prompt resolution.
- Prepare clear and concise legal documentation on the behalf of GM Financial.
- Recognize and recommend improvements to the buyback process
- Host regularly scheduled meetings with the Dealer Services' RSMs to discuss buyback resolution strategy.
- Provide payment posting instructions when buyback monies are received.
- Manage collateral on repossession hold; including but not limited to, coordinating the return of the collateral to the dealership or wholesaling the unit.
- Manage the recourse process by monitoring accounts placed on recourse and escalating them as buybacks when a trigger is breached.
- Represent Credit Review in business segment meetings, as needed.
- Detailed understanding of the auto finance industry, including funding and/or underwriting of originations
- Working knowledge of finance
- Working knowledge of consumer credit
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Competency with Microsoft Office, focusing on Access and Excel
- Knowledge of Provenir, Auto IMS, SalesForce, CPW and AS/400
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, execute, and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Ability to understand GM Financials business, apply knowledge and critical thinking skills in day-to-day problems and solutions
- Competency using SAS including basic data functions, macros, SQL and DDE
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving issues
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to coach, lead, motivate, and influence others to support departmental goals and objectives
- Ability to proactively achieve goals and objectives, which positively impact GM Financials overall business results
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential information and situations
- Able to supervise multiple tasks with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to provide recommendations and making decisions
- Situational analysis is critical relative to interpreting and providing buyback guidance on a case by case basis.
- The ability to comprehend legal documents such as the GM Financial Dealer Agreement, recourse agreements, settlement agreements, depositions
- The ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment, and logic when solving issues, providing recommendations, and making decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extremely organized with a concentrated emphasis on detail
- Able to undertake multiple tasks with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- The ability to proactively achieve goals and objectives, which positively impact GM Financial’s overall business results
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 Years auto finance experience with knowledge in lending, funding, and collecting preferred
- Normal Office Environment