Glacier Bancorp, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Originator
at Glacier Bancorp, inc.
- Job ID
- Full Time
- Foothills Bank
- FLSA Status
About the Role
Originates first and second mortgages, loan assumptions and endorsements. Solicits new mortgage business, maintains good outside working relationships, and promotes the organizations products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and screens loan applications; requests applicant credit and mortgage status, banking and personal reference, notifies those applicants not qualified for further consideration.
- Conducts the loan interview and secures the customer information necessary to initiate a loan transaction. Then provides loan information and service to customers, realtors, and others as needed.
- Prepares records and reports as requested regarding loan origination and closing activities as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective customers regarding all types of mortgage and construction loans, provides requested information regarding the organizations lending policies and procedures.
- Screens completed applicants; submits those applications qualified for further consideration to the Loan Committee for approval; provides the Loan Committee with additional information as required.
- Requests a personal employment and credit check of the applicant, requests an appraisal on the property and/or construction plans under consideration.
- Maintains close relations with others in the banking community, home construction, and real estate to be knowledgeable about property values and to build network of professionals
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Experience with Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), and Federal National Mortgage (Fannie Mae), construction loans, and bridge loans.
- Incumbents are required to maintain their registration active, and current, with the National Mortgage Licensing System throughout their employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Is responsible for a width of information including but not limited to: the organizations current mortgage loan interest rates, commitment/rate lock/relock fee procedures, consumer loan products/rates/guidelines that are used in conjunction with Mortgage Lending.
- The ability to motivate or influence senior level personnel, internally or externally, is a key component of the job, requiring a significant level of expertise, credibility, influence and trust. Proficiency in developing and delivering material presentations on complex topics can be important to fulfilling the responsibilities of the position. The inability to communicate at this level would disqualify the individual from being able to fulfill their job responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work both indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level and outside in sometimes inclement weather.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: The employee is constantly required to stand and walk. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
Must be capable of up to 25% travel (e.g. 1 week or 5 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job, and the employee must have the ability to drive and have proper licensing.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.