Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at Firstrust Bank
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Pay Status
- Hourly / Non-Exempt
We are currently looking to hire an experienced loan originator who recognize the value of an 86 year old, 3 billion dollar financial institution as strong enough to support your production, while small enough to enhance your personal approach for referrals.
For your proven sales ability, we offer:
- Highly competitive compensation arrangements plus a small base salary.
- Health Benefits, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage and Flexible Spending Account
- Full product menu including portfolio products, Construction to Perm loans, FHA/VA, non - warrantable condo, LLC and more
- Local processing, underwriting and closing
Firstrust Bank is an Affirmative Action Contractor and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Originates quality mortgage loans in accordance with the required goals as established by Firstrust Bank.
- Accurately completes all required application documents in accordance with the guidelines of Firstrust Bank and/or its investors.
- Requests necessary documentation from borrowers to insure loans conform to the guidelines and program requirements.
- Submits complete mortgage applications to the lending department for processing in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all loans are processed and closed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner in order to establish and maintain total customer satisfaction.
- Actively solicits mortgage loan business from external loan sources such realtors, builders, financial advisors, accountants, etc.
- Actively solicits mortgage loan business from internal loan sources such as Relationship Managers and Business Development Officers.
- Exhibits and shows support of both the Mission and Core Values of Firstrust Bank.
- Ensures daily compliance with all federal (Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404) and state regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President of Mortgage Lending and the Vice President of Mortgage Lending.
- Views and prepares loan applications via a computer terminal.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as fax and copier.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively to solicit new business. Ability to converse with internal and external clients to exchange information.
- Lift files/documents up to 10 pounds.
Knowledge - Skills & Abilities
- Two plus years of retail, residential mortgage sales experience
- Documented residential mortgage loan origination volume in the past 12 months of $10 million
- A complete understanding of residential lending from origination through closing/delivery
- Previous experience on a mortgage loan origination system
- Established relationships with local referral networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively explain programs, loan terms and features, policies and benefits to customers
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the mortgage lending process and applicable regulatory requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated PC/computer skills with a solid understanding of MS office (Word, Excel and Outlook)