FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teller Lead I - Glendale
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Branch Delivery - Teller Services
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
The primary functions of the Teller Lead will be to respond to client inquiries, identify opportunities to recommend OneWest Bank products and services, and process bank transactions while adhering to OneWest Bank's "One Customer at a Time" service standards.
- Responds to client inquiries on the telephone or in person, and either solves customer problems on their own or escalates problems to his/her supervisor for resolution while adhering to client privacy and confidentiality guidelines
- Serves as a party in dual control activities such as servicing ATMs, nightly drop, cash count, and monthly audits
- Identifies opportunities to recommend OneWest Bank products and services based on client needs and refers client to platform personnel for needs assessment if applicable
- Processes all transactions within assigned limits, maintains cash drawer, and properly balances cash drawer at the end of each work day
- Processes rejects, loan payments, reviews branch reports, and completes audits as assigned by Operations Manager
- Assists with the daily branch settlement and reconcilement process, including oversight for night deposit and ATM balancing
- Works with the Teller team to enhance customer service expectations and provides responsive, quality client service at all times
- Takes ownership of the Teller line workflow
- May be assigned the responsibility of vault teller completing all duties related to this task
- Adheres to all bank policies and security procedures
- Provides an outstanding customer service experience by leveraging OneWest Bank’s EmpowerU performance culture in each interaction
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of customer service and cash handling experience
- Banking experience preferred, including processing account transactions, new accounts, and experience with complying to all governing regulations, especially the Bank Secrecy Act requirements