First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Banker I
at First International Bank & Trust
Personal Banker I
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Deposit Operations Supervisor, receives and pays out money, transfers funds, processes and maintains records of transactions and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Provides superior customer service to existing and/or prospective customers both in person and over the phone with demonstrated professionalism.
- Adheres to security policies and procedures as established by bank policy and practice.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks, processes credit card cash advances and pays out money after verification of signatures, account balances and OFAC verification.
- Follows BSA and know your customer compliance using established customer service practices
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions and issues computer generated receipts.
- Prepares forms for placing holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Maintains cash supply in cash drawer while adhering to balance requirements.
- Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer each day and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance, investments and trust products or services such as gift cards, savings bonds, money orders and cashier's checks.
- Removes deposits from and counts cash in night depository under dual control.
- Prepares coin including coin counting and coin rolling.
- Accepts loan, treasury tax and loan and credit card payments.
- Places items in scanner and activates machine to automatically image and total transaction documents.
- Compares machine totals to listing received with batched items and rechecks each item if totals differ.
- Receives and records customer payment of yearly safe deposit fee.
- Receives and reviews customer check orders for accuracy. Submits for processing.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Completed required online compliance training courses as assigned.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
- Responsible for confidentiality including protection of sensitive information and its integrity in compliance with First International Bank & Trust information security and departmental policies, standards and procedures. Responsible for reporting events including suspicious activity as well as cooperating with all investigations.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to accuracy requirements with daily balancing and consistent accuracy of transactions entered.
- Proficiency in data entry and daily work with computers.
- Follows policies and procedures; Upholds organizational values; Works with ethics and integrity.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; Responsible for loss prevention according to this position.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Treats people with respect; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time effectively; Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalency; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.