First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at First International Bank & Trust
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
First International Bank and Trust is recognized six years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy treating every customer like family.
Please see below for additional information regarding the Mortgage Underwriter position and submit your online application!
Under the direction of the Mortgage Loan Underwriting Supervisor, the Mortgage Loan Underwriter approves or denies mortgage loans by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs final review of mortgage loan credit, income, asset and property documents to determine acceptability of documents provided and proper execution of any corresponding calculations.
- Analyzes credit history, income capacity, adequacy of assets and collateral eligibility and value to determine acceptability of risk for manual underwriting or validation of data entry for automated underwriting.
- Assures compliance of loans with guidelines of insuring/guaranteeing entities (FHA, VA, RHS, PMI companies and NDHFA) as well as secondary mortgage market investors (private mortgage companies, FNMA and FHLMC).
- Approves or rejects loan applications or requests additional information.
- Approves loans within specified limits and conducts approval process and set-up.
- Records loan rejections, specifying investor and institution guidelines and basis for declining application, such as insufficient cash reserves.
- Reviews documents in loan files, including acceptance or denial and returns scanned information to originating mortgage loan office.
- Assists loan department with training, responds to request for information and assists with other loan duties as needed.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance and trust products or services.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic training to remain current on trends and developments and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three plus years of related experience in the mortgage evaluation process; or equivalent combination of education and experience.