First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at First International Bank & Trust
|Location:||Watford City, ND|
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Position Summary: Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the primary function of the Community Banker position is to become familiar with banking operations and procedures by performing assigned duties, responsibilities and projects throughout the bank system with a goal of obtaining a future position in lending when such opportunity may become available and if certain qualifications are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Rotates through various key business units to learn the bank’s comprehensive menu of products and services and explore career interests.
- Participates with immediate supervisor and training department representative in development of a personal job training schedule, with consideration given to education and previous work background.
- Responsible for completion of duties related to a variety of banking functions including credit analysis, credit review, deposit, consumer lending, and job shadowing of non-interest income areas.
- Participates in and may also complete projects with various managers throughout the organization.
- Attends meetings, in-house trainings, and mentoring sessions as directed.
- Works with immediate supervisor in on-going professional skills development.
- May also perform business development activity in branch service area.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance and trust products or services.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- May also participate in community involvement projects as assigned.
- Travel to additional FIB&T offices is required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate with others
- Strong desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills
- Good organizational skills and strong analytic ability
- An understanding of economic principles and the basic principles of banking
- Strong interpersonal relations, leadership, sales, and exceptional client service skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with GPA of 3.2 or higher; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance and Ag Economics preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.