First Continental Mortgage, Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at First Continental Mortgage, Ltd.
- 26-May-2020 to 2020-07-25 (CST)
- FCM Dallas
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
First Continental Mortgage, Ltd. (FCM) is a full-service, FNMA, HUD and VA approved national mortgage lending firm headquartered in Houston, Texas for over 27 years with locations in several states. We specialize in partnering with home builders as well as retail production.
FCM is currently seeking highly motivated, qualified individuals to fulfill the role of Mortgage Loan Officer in our Dallas location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generates new mortgage loan applications and retains existing business by developing relationships within builder communities. Makes weekly sales calls to develop new business and retain existing business.
- Maintains required monthly production volume as communicated by management.
- Advises borrowers on loan products by examining application and supporting documentation, and pre-qualifying for credit-worthiness. Provides guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the borrower is qualified for; effectively communicate the terms of each product.
- Advises borrowers on available lock options and locks loans promptly.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, investor and governmental agency requirements and guidelines, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact with all parties throughout the loan process.
- Attends builder sales meetings and provides education on various loan products to increase sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must obtain and maintain required LO license.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an originator.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Understanding of mortgage products and the ability to comprehend and implement complex financial concepts related to residential mortgage lending.
- An advanced understanding of sales and marketing of mortgage loans and the ability to present, sell, and deliver such products to diverse individuals and groups in a professional, ethical, and effective manner.
- Ability to learn and adapt to market changes quickly.
- Ability to build strong relationships with production, underwriting, closing and other internal and external partners.
FCM offers a competitive benefits package upon completion of required eligibility periods including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, supplemental life, long term disability, supplemental insurance (i.e. accident, cancer,), 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
FCM and its Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers