First Bank & Trust Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banker II
at First Bank & Trust Texas
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Commercial Banker II is responsible for originating new commercial relationships and the cross selling of existing clients. Focuses on growing deposits, loans and fee income in a profitable manner.
1. Participate in the business development activities of the bank
2. Identify appropriate prospects within defined target markets, create and manage an effective prospect list and perform activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
3. Serve our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
4. Participate in the underwriting and documentation of the credit
5. Utilize the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek to understand the opinions of others.
6. Participate in the management of a loan portfolio
7. Monitor the portfolio for credit quality. Understand, detect and report the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
1. Bachelors Degree in Business, including specific courses in accounting, finance, and economics plus additional bank related training
2. 4-6 years experience Commercial Banking or other relevant job experience.
3. 2 plus years related banking/analysis experience and/or training
4. Demonstrated sales and business development skills
5. Formal Credit Training
6. Or equivalent education and experience
7. Valid drivers license and personal transportation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will