First Bank & Trust Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at First Bank & Trust Texas
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."Under supervision, the Associate Banker (commonly known as a Teller) is responsible for providing exceptional service and quality with every transaction while maintaining confidentially in customer and bank information. Ensure the customer feels welcome and provide them with a one stop experience in processing transactions. A critical success factor for this position will be working with others in the branch to reach branch effectiveness and efficiency goals through identifying customers with financial services needs that are not currently met and coordinating efforts to pair these customers with products our institution offers. The Associate Banker will work with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center.
- Operates a transaction window daily.
- Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet individual and branch-team goals (as determined by individual bank).
- Follows bank policies and procedures as they relate to customer transactions.
- Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
- Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Maintains a conversational level of knowledge of products and services
- Opens, closes, and allows, customer’s access to their safety deposit box following specified procedures if necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
- Actively participates in banking center sales activities, huddles, competitions, meetings, etc.
- Responsible for partnership referrals.
- Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
- Must be security conscious and comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
- Processes proof transactions.
- Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
- Balances and replenishes ATMs, as needed.
- Balances the coin machine, credit card cash advance machine, etc., as needed.
- Completes referral training, annually.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities
- GED required or
- High School required
- 1-3 years Customer Service & Sales experience required and
- Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred and
- Experience working in a team environment required and
- Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator required and
- Ability to count and balance cash required and
- Attention to detail required and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals required
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Part time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will