Dubuque Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WAS Operations Assistant
at Dubuque Bank & Trust
Dubuque Bank and Trust a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The WAS Operations Assistant is responsible for processing, including analyzing, inputting and verifying transactions and providing general back office support to Wealth Advisory Services.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Process the payment of WAS clients’ bills, income/principal disbursements, tax payments, etc., including determining proper coding.
2. Process deposits and cash receipts to clients’ accounts, including determining proper coding.
3. Prepare and provide required documentation for new accounts to Advisors and Business Development Officers.
4. Analyze completed and signed new account paperwork and complete new account setup on trust accounting system, while communicating with Advisors and Support Staff regarding any issues.
5. Complete setup of clients’ online access, including requesting setup with core software company and completing setup on bank’s online banking site.
6. Assign fee packages to accounts and maintain changes at the account level.
7. Prepare and process incoming and outgoing transfers of assets
8. Process various maintenance requests and changes for clients’ and their accounts.
9. Sets up purchases, sales, income processing and other transactions relating to non-marketable assets
10. Sets up new non-marketable assets on trust accounting system.
11. Review and approve accuracy and posting of daily transactions created by other operations personnel.
12. Understand and assist with maintaining all WAS internal ‘house’ accounts, including daily balancing and reconciling of such accounts.
13. Assist with end of day balancing.
14. Provide needed communication with core software company.
15. Complete scanning and verification of necessary documents into electronic data filing system.
16. Assists with clearing of outstanding items in internal/house and client accounts.
17. Completes annual ELearning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
18. Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Associate degree in Accounting or business related field or equivalent work experience.
2. 1-3 years of experience with accounting and/or securities processing.
3. Experience working with a variety of software programs
4. Proven experience in a fast paced office environment
5. Proven ability to prioritize and meet daily deadlines.
6. Basic knowledge of general accounting practices.
7. Knowledgeable experience with MS Office.
8. Previous trust or brokerage experience preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Dubuque Bank and Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who care. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Dubuque Bank and Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will