Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Customers Bank
Customers Bank is looking for an amazing Payroll Manager to join our Team! A multi-tasker, who proactively seeks out opportunities to support the team with a can-do and follow-through attitude! This position will offer the opportunity to work as an integral part of our Human Resources department. The Payroll Manager will oversee all payroll operations for the organization, including full-time, part-time and temporary workers. This individual will review payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, and ensure payments are made on time. The Payroll Manager will possess a strong understanding of payroll systems, module flow, and work to improve processes, policies, and procedures as we expand. This person will own the payroll process from start to finish and will be responsible for resolving issues as they arise and informing management as necessary. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced environments with moving targets. They are interested and informed on emerging technologies and someone who is always looking for improvement, automation, and efficiency in processes.
Skill / Requirements
- Design and implement payroll related processes, procedures and best practices including any new technology.
- Create scalable infrastructure for reporting and analysis requirements, oversee reconciliation, and required record keeping.
- Review payroll schedules for accuracy and approve prior to submitting for payment. Troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed.
- Review and approve changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Review payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Continually improve employee record keeping and process management related to payroll, including proper allocation of employees to subsidiary departments and title.
- Build and maintain employee confidence and trust by setting up process for promptly responding to requests and protecting the confidentiality of payroll operations
- Day-to-day administration of all aspects of the company's equity compensation plans including the releases of NQs/ISOs/RSUs/ESPP and others including UBS administration
- Be SME on all questions from team members directly related to ESPP and Payroll
- Responsible for administration on Payroll directly related to all new hire and terminations.
- Directly responsible for the Payroll audit as well as participate in other financial audits including 401k and Sox compliance Audit
- Ability to write companywide communication in related to changes in Payroll, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan), or other changes in company policy.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as necessary
- Experience with Payroll, Benefits, Salesforce, and HRIS, preferably Workday and/or ADP and employees in 30+ States
- Strong knowledge and experience with US labor law, tax and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Familiar with processing amendments and adjustment to W2s as needed
- Strong understanding of time and attendance policies and procedures
- Ability to work closely with the payroll vendors in order to ensure payroll deadlines, objectives, quality of service and operational performance are met
- Advanced proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, v-lookups, conditional formatting, if-and formulas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization and uses discretion when dealing with sensitive employee payroll and benefit matters
Experience with managing and processing payroll in a regulated industry is strongly preferred.