Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (69983)
at Credit Union of Colorado
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for performing clerical support duties for the mortgage department. Monitors payment processing and unapplied funds. Performs annual escrow analysis and handles member questions on payments and escrow accounts. Monitors insurance and tax status on existing mortgage files. Handles all core servicing job functions and should be able to conduct all servicing related transactions with a high level of accuracy. Uploads first mortgage loans and files loan files and final documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Processing mortgage payments, mortgage payoffs, and month end remittances.
- Manage non-escrow and escrow accounts for property taxes, homeowners and flood insurance, and mortgage insurance.
- Prepare and process loan payoffs and review and set up new loans.
- Respond to notices of error and requests for information.
- Perform annual escrow analysis on all 1st Mortgage Loans.
- Process all tax and insurance payments for 1st Mortgage Loans.
- Monitor year-end 1099 reporting.
- Prepares miscellaneous correspondence and records.
- Process and monitor loss draft files.
- Complete Fannie Mae reporting with a high degree of accuracy.
- Communicate changes in flood zones with members and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical functions.
- Ensure that Fannie Mae servicing requirements are met.
- Coordinates functions with related departments and branches and provides support as needed.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required. Prepares and completes special presentations or projects as assigned.
- Ensures that requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained.
- Represents the Credit Union in contacts with business and trade professionals.
- Notifies necessary parties of Credit Union policies and procedures and ensures that they are appropriately informed.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- May be required to comply with NCUA requirements and register as a Mortgage Loan Originator and keep a current registration in compliance with the SAFE Act.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office). Subject to periodic stress.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus two years of recent secondary market mortgage servicing experience required.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
TEAMWORK Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
DECISION QUALITY Understands the Members best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; is widely trusted and sought out by others for advice and solutions.
PROBLEM SOLVING Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and innovative solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesnt stop at the first answers
ACTION ORIENTED Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that its OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
ADAPTABLE Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and active learners; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experiments and will attempt multiple ideas to find solutions; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other administrative officials and the public.
Ability to apply interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect and trust in
Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of people throughout the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee continually is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER