Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Services Supervisor GB (69178)
at Credit Union of Colorado
General Purpose of the Position
Responsible for assisting with the direction and administration of Branch operations. Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees the provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Acts as Branch Manager as necessary. Trains, directs, and assists in supervising Branch staff. Performs various Branch functions as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies, legal and regulatory requirements, and audit standards. Provides suggestions for improved effectiveness.
- Ensures Branch security. Assists with opening and closing the building in accordance with set hours. Tests security equipment as assigned.
- Ensures that the Branch cash and transactions are in balance at the close of each day. This includes ensuring that all reports are prepared. Provides assistance to Member Advocates as needed.
- Assists Branch Manager with internal controls and audits.
- Answers Member Advocates questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems. Explains policies and procedures to members. Makes judgments for Member Advocates (within limits of authority) pertaining to all operations of branch.
- Assists with Member Advocates functions. Performs duties related to loan processing, approving member loans within established policies and limits, certificates of deposit, and IRAs. Handles direct deposit functions and safe deposit boxes (where applicable). Assists in opening new member accounts and with loan closings and disbursements.
- Promotes Branch business development and seeks to broaden member base. Effectively cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Completes required reports and records and ensures that Branch functions are properly documented.
- Assists with implementing changes to established policy and procedures within the Branch.
- Provides assistance, direction, and supervision as needed, including guidance for Member Advocates.
- Investigates ATM and Member Service out of balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Ensures that each Member Advocates balances at the end of each day and that all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures. Keeps ATM filled and functional. Monitors, orders, dispense, ships, and balances cash, may balance vault.
- Reviews and monitors the work of Branch personnel. Provides suggestions and support as necessary.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and staff training sessions. Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Performs cross training as necessary.
- Assists with determining appropriate staffing levels and scheduling employees.
- Assists with tracking individual progress and conducting performance appraisals. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved. Answers members questions or refers appropriately. Verifies deposits and provides payoff and bluebook quotes.
- Ensures the members are informed of Credit Union services, products, and policies. Cross-sells services.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained.
- Replaces Branch Manager as necessary. Assists with personnel functions as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and coworkers needs and followsup to ensure those needs are met.
- Directly supervises branch office personnel.
- Is responsible for the overall direction coordination, and evaluation of all department employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in collaboration with Branch Manager.
- May be required to comply with NCUA requirements and register as a Mortgage Loan Originator and keep a current registration in compliance with the SAFE Act.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
A thorough knowledge of Member Advocate operations and procedures. Understanding of Credit Union operations, including opening and closing accounts, loans, IRA and certificate procedures. Understanding of Credit Union philosophy. Knowledge of basic accounting. Understanding of Credit Unions field of membership. Solid understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting credit union policies and procedures. Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills to select, motivate, develop and supervise assigned personnel. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other administrative officials and the public. Ability to apply interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of people throughout the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Limited travel required to visit CU locations as needed.
MEMBER FOCUSED Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals strengths. Willing to balance support for organizational initiatives over own department needs. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
DECISION QUALITY Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
PROBLEM SOLVING Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
ACTION ORIENTED Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
ADAPTABLE Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to a new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
INNOVATION Creates an environment that encourages innovative solutions or improvements and fosters experimentation for the benefit of the members. Recognizes and rewards those who take initiative with new approaches and act in a creative manner. Assesses, manages and takes calculated risks to achieve goals. Constantly looks for ways to improve products, processes and infrastructure of the organization to enhance employee and member benefit. Stays abreast of current and future trends both in and outside of industry to forecast and build future business vision including on-going evaluation of future directions and associated risks.
STRATEGIC AGILITY Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organizations vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
MARKET KNOWLEDGE & COMPETITIVE MINDSET Knows the basics of the market and business context. Aware of local and national competitors. Understands the similarities and differences of our business model to other financial institutions. Brings forth ideas to keep our business competitive.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility. Maintains and applies a general understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Prepares and manages the budget for area of responsibility. Uses cost-benefit thinking to align priorities. Identifies cost effective approaches. Brings forward any financial concerns to the attention of Senior Management.
We are an EEO Employer