Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Credit Union of Colorado
Who We Are
Here to Help is more than a tagline. It is a way we do business. We appreciate the opportunity to help all members, and we will continue to seek out helpful member solutions while preserving the long term strength and stability of Credit Union of Colorado. Terry Leis, President/CEO
Who You Are
Are you compassionate, approachable, and dedicated to enriching the members experience with our organization? Are you passionate about connecting with people, building trust and providing a level of expertise that is unmatched in the industry? Can you maintain a deep knowledge of financial products and services including; deposit accounts, consumer loans, mortgage loans, and self-service products and advocate for our members in pursuit of a better outcome, always owning the member experience to create confidence in finding the best solutions? If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Primarily responsible for providing effective member service for Credit Union of Colorado members by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and services to find the best solutions for our members.
- Demonstrate flexibility in assuming a variety of roles and responsibilities including, but not limited to; teller operations, reception, deposits, new accounts, consumer and mortgage loans.
- Provide deposit, consumer and mortgage loan, and money management services to members.
- Collaborate, across all branches and support departments, to always facilitate the best and most appropriate solutions for our members.
- Comfortable with all delivery channels to include, member facing, telephone, email, video conferencing, etc.
- Assume responsibility for personal and professional development through training, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Meet or exceed expectations in demonstrating superior member service, accuracy, and member focused behaviors.
- Open and perform maintenance on new accounts such as audits and product add-ons.
- May be required to comply with NCUA requirements and register as a Mortgage Loan Originator and keep a current registration in compliance with the SAFE Act.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Other duties as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to, opening and closing the branch, assisting the branch with real estate loan closings, acting as receptionist, and representing the Credit Union at external events.
- May support both Aurora and Parker branches.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two to three years of direct retail sales experience and cash handling preferred. Demonstrated analytical, accuracy, and problem solving skills within a work environment. Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills, including written communication.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
Understands the Members best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; is widely trusted and sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and innovative solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesnt stop at the first answers
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that its OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and active learners; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experiments and will attempt multiple ideas to find solutions; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
We are an EEO Employer