Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Operations Analyst (72683)
at Credit Union of Colorado
Provides business analysis expertise for organizational initiatives, strategies, innovative ideas, processes, and procedures through development of business requirements, collaboration with business owners and other stakeholders, and coordination with vendor partners in support of business unit and member service needs. The Business Analyst will work with all areas of the business to develop, document, and communicate detailed business requirements that describe the business need and solution scope in addition to providing quality analysis and testing expertise. The position will interact and lead staff from all areas of the organization. It is an operational role, requiring attention to detail, stakeholder interactions, and management of expectations within business and technical teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Accountable for developing, defining, and documenting business requirements that describe the business need and solution scope, and communicate them effectively to organizational stakeholders and vendors as needed
- Collaborate with technical and business experts, adhering to enterprise architectural frameworks and roadmaps to design processes, systems, and information/data architectures
- Responsible for writing functional specifications that can be used by solutions/systems engineers to support the creation of technical designs and delivery of business and technical requirements
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the processes, systems, and data in a defined capability/service delivery area
- Provide process expertise to others to understand the impact of system enhancements on the company’s processes and how system functions and processes will generate the intended outcomes for business
- Remain up to date of technology trends, opportunities, compliance, and regulatory requirements within a defined capability/service delivery area
- Responsible for communicating documented findings to technical team members, creating and validating proposed resolutions, ensuring the initial issues were corrected, and that impacts are understood.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing to ensure business requirements are satisfied and ensure proper UAT documentation is produced (based on use cases and test requirements)
- Ensure proper training, transition, and cutover plans are developed and executed to ensure proper user adoption and minimize business disruption
- Provide project management support for small/medium size projects, being responsible for project planning and execution of work required, including issue management and status reporting
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- May perform other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 4+ years of related work experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- IIBA, PMI, or other industry related certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire date
- Solid knowledge of financial services and technologies relevant to the capability/service delivery area
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite including Visio or similar applications
- Experience creating core BA deliverables (e.g., functional spec, test cases, etc)
- Demonstrated ability in process analysis methodologies (e.g., process flow definition, data flow diagramming, use case definition)
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) and ITIL framework
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, customers and other organizational leadership
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and perform business case development
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced, matrix environments
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. [Limited travel required to visit CU locations as needed.]
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.