Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Manager Fort Collins (69193)
at Credit Union of Colorado
General Purpose of the Position
Responsible for directing and administering the operational, service level, and sales efforts of the Branch(es) personally and through supervisors. Provides leadership through effective goal setting and communication. Ensures that established policies and procedures are adhered to. Effectively promotes a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are served promptly and professionally. Has management authority for all day-to-day functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coaches personnel for optimal performance.
* Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members’ and co-workers’ needs. Follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
* Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union services and policies. Counsels members regarding their financial needs and services requested. Makes recommendations based on their needs.
* Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly resolved. Responds to member communications promptly.
* Solicits membership and calls on members to explain the advantages of using credit union services.
* Keeps management informed of branch activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems. Requests assistance when necessary.
* Continually seeks ways to improve operations and productivity.
* Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
* Ensures Branch security and serves as the Security Officer for the branch. Institutes prudent safety measures.
* Acts as a loan officer and processes member loans within established policies and limits.
* Ensures that all branch transactions and cash are balanced at the close of each day.
* Directly supervises all branch personnel. Ensures that a high quality of work and efficiency of operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
* Conducts regular meetings with employees. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure. Implements changes to established policy and procedures.
* Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Cross-trains personnel.
* Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used. Determines appropriate staffing levels for proper utilization of human resources annually.
* Tracks individual progress. Conducts performance appraisals on each employee at least annually. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends promotions for employees as appropriate. Provides individual progression plans for all employees and leadership training to employees seeking advancement opportunities.
* Approves all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each Branch employee. Keeps accurate payroll and attendance records.
* Manages and oversees expenses. Prepares annual budget. Pursues cost-saving measures.
* Ensures proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment.
* Fills in and performs duties in branch as needed.
* May be required to comply with NCUA requirements and register as a Mortgage Loan Originator and keep a current registration in compliance with the SAFE Act.
* Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
* Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in business or finance required, plus two years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity of a financial institution, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Mortgage and consumer lending experience preferred. Effective sales and coaching experience a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services, products, and field of membership. Solid understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Familiarity with branch or call center functions, policies, and procedures. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting credit union policies and procedures. Effective sales management and leadership skills to select, motivate, develop, and supervise assigned personnel. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other administrative officials and the public. Ability to apply interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect, and trust in the Credit Union and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of people throughout the organization.
Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employees in the branch office or contact center. Is responsible for the overall direction, development, and evaluation of all branch employees. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Responsible for the coordination and prioritization of daily workflow.
Member Service Supervisors
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Willing to balance support for organizational initiatives over own department needs. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to a new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
Creates an environment that encourages innovative solutions or improvements and fosters experimentation for the benefit of the members. Recognizes and rewards those who take initiative with new approaches and act in a creative manner. Assesses, manages and takes calculated risks to achieve goals. Constantly looks for ways to improve products, processes and infrastructure of the organization to enhance employee and member benefit. Stays abreast of current and future trends both in and outside of industry to forecast and build future business vision including on-going evaluation of future directions and associated risks.
Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES
Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
MARKET KNOWLEDGE & COMPETITIVE MINDSET
Knows the basics of the market and business context. Aware of local and national competitors. Understands the similarities and differences of our business model to other financial institutions. Brings forth ideas to keep our business competitive.
Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility. Maintains and applies a general understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Prepares and manages the budget for area of responsibility. Uses cost-benefit thinking to align priorities. Identifies cost effective approaches. Brings forward any financial concerns to the attention of Senior Management.
We are an EEO Employer