Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Officer
at CIT Bank
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Residential Mortgage - Branch Services
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
We are seeking highly motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented loan officers to join our growing CRA/LMI Mortgage team and family.
CIT has recently launched our FHA Subsidy Program which allows us to give up to $25,000 towards buyers’ recurring and non-recurring closing costs, buy down the interest rate and in some cases pay the up-front mortgage insurance premium (MIP).
You’ll get to work with a management team that has been in the business for 30+ years and is totally dedicated to helping you build relationships in the real estate community and doing everything possible to help you exceed your goals and expectations.
If you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives by helping them achieve the dream of home ownership, we would love to meet you.
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) will be responsible for sourcing and originating compliant conforming and jumbo residential mortgage loans with special emphasis on CRA/LMI markets.
- Ensures an efficient and compliant mortgage origination process from application to funding by working directly with internal and external groups
- Proactively manage individual mortgage pipelines to ensure contingency dates and turn time standards are achieved
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information
- Practices exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of OneWest’s lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to the Home -Mortgage Disclosure Act requirements
- The MLO may be asked to participate at trade shows, hosted events, community events with the goal of generating mortgage referrals and applications
- Solicits mortgages from external sources such as realtors, accountants, lawyers, business managers, open houses and trade shows
- 4+ years in the mortgage lending industry
- Experience as a producing loan officer with a proven record of funding 5 loans per month
- Bachelor's Degree preferred / High School Diploma required
- Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred