Canyon State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Canyon State Credit Union
Are you looking for an opportunity to let your skills shine? Come join the team at the credit union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. We are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. Here at the credit union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As a Training Specialist you will:
- Conduct new employee orientation, and ensure that applicable internal policies and procedures are consistently reviewed with all new staff.
- Conduct post training evaluations and assessments to solicit employee feedback and ensure that training objectives are met. Provide the results to the Talent Development Manager monthly.
- Support and assist with planning and facilitation of on-the-job training.
- Conduct follow-up visits with new employees to assess employee progress and identify training and coaching opportunities. Communicate findings with the manager and Talent Development Manager.
- Work with employee’s manager and Talent Development Manager to develop and implement a training plan to address learning gaps, as well as performance issues and deficiencies during the onboarding period (typically the first 90 days).
- Maintain training records and track participation for each employee throughout the year. Training records should include evaluations and documentation of the topics trained.
- Assist with identifying and documenting training needs for existing employees with regard to learning gaps, performance issues, specific departmental training, product knowledge, regulations/compliance, cross-selling and service skills.
- Work with the employee’s manager and Talent Development Manager to create and implement a training plan for needs identified, as well as professional growth opportunities for existing employees.
- Assist with the design and upkeep of training materials such as Training Manuals, procedures, presentations, videos, on-line training, and other training programs to support the developmental objectives of the credit union.
- Coordinate the utilization of onsite training rooms, equipment and special needs relating to training.
- Assist with the administrative functions of the Learning Management System.
- Assist with the facilitation of other employee training and development programs within the credit union, as needed, including compliance, sales & service, and product and service knowledge training.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute - Demonstrate the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation - Keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and credit union wide goals and be able to prioritize and collaborate with others to achieve success.
A Service Focus - Demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Build constructive working relationships characterized by cooperation, collaboration, and mutual respect. Personify CSCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative - Motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Display energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Wants to get in on the ground floor and create something from scratch. A bit of an entrepreneurial spirit goes a long way in our environment.
Eye for Quality - Take responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Flexibility - The ability to excel in a high stress environment, adapt to changing business needs and work priorities needs is a must. Develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent education and work experience.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a financial institution.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential to deal courteously and effectively with management and members while projecting a positive image as representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent needs-assessment skills, ability to listen to employee needs, and convey a message in a clear and concise way.
- Knowledge of PC applications including Word and Excel required. Experience with automated core banking system preferred. Experience utilizing smart phone and tablet applications preferred.
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.