Copper State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Financial Consultant IV (Banker/Asst Mgr) - Payson Branch
at Copper State Credit Union
Are you looking for an opportunity to let your skills shine? Come join the team at Canyon State Credit Union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. With only 70 employees, we are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. At Canyon State Credit Union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As a Personal Financial Consultant IV, you will:
- Demonstrate a highly motivated, positive, outgoing, influential personality with a strong emphasis on sales and results orientation to ensure the credit union maximizes lending and sales opportunities with members.
- Supervise branch activities in the absence of the Branch Manager including:
- Help coordinate branch activities to ensure members are served in a timely manner and slow times are productively utilized.
- Report to Branch Manager on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, and progress in mastering tasks.
- Intercede with the Branch Manager on behalf of the team regarding performance management issues/problems and to recommend solutions.
- Coach, facilitate, solve work problems, and participate in the work of the team.
- Assist with the training of branch staff.
- Establish, promote, and meet branch sales, performance, and operational initiatives. Ensure unity and consistency of operations within the branch to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Approve supervisory overrides for other employees in accordance with credit union policies and within established levels.
- Ensure results are properly documented and maintained in the branch for cash auditing, ordering the cash, verifying cash received, filling teller cash orders, maintaining vault security and balancing vault cash nightly.
- Minimize loss exposure by identifying operational deficiencies in the branch and recommending corrective action.
- Prepare and review operational reports, charts, tables, and other documents as requested to document branch performance to specific credit union operations guidelines.
- Process all cash and non-cash transactions such as payments, transfers, withdrawals, incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests, stop payments on share draft and credit union checks.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding credit union services and/or account discrepancies. Obtain and route necessary information to support departments for extensive account research and/or adjustments. Works closely with other departments in obtaining information and ascertaining necessary corrections. Coordinates a response to member inquiries and ensures prompt answers.
- Interview members to discuss member’s overall financial position and complete all aspects of the lending and account opening process for savings, checking, credit cards, personal, auto, and home equity loans, money markets, IRAs, and CDs.
- Utilizing basic business account acumen, work with existing, new, and potential business members to serve their business needs including opening, processing, and closing all types of business accounts, loans, and merchant service recommendations.
- Explain loan options, rates, terms, NADA value quotes, and collateral requirements. Advises members on the best solution to meet their needs. Assists member with loan application and submittal. Communicates loan decisions to members and disperses approved loans.
- Obtain signatures on loans, verify identify, satisfy any disbursement conditions, and fund loan. Set up automatic payments complete checklist making sure all system changes/entries are completed. Forward all documents and title documentation to the Consumer Lending Department
- Actively cross-sell credit union products and services, making recommendations to members, and, if appropriate, referrals to business partners including mortgage lending and financial advisor. Make contact with existing members to proactively seek new memberships, increase sales opportunities and provide follow-up service.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute - Demonstrates the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation - Is keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and company-wide goals and is able to prioritize work to achieve funding goals. Demonstrates the ability to excel in a high stress environment and is able to meet goals and deadlines.
Service - Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways employees can easily understand. Demonstrates patience, respect and empathy when dealing with employees or their complaints. Personifies CSCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative - Motivated self-starter who measure self against standards of excellence. Actively and consistently seeks qualified opportunities to increase loan volume and residual product penetration.
Accountability - Demonstrates responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Effective Communicator - Persuasive and confident. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways employees and members can easily understand.
Teamwork - Builds rapport with fellow teammates and credit union staff.
- Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education or general education degree (GED). Some post-secondary education preferred.
- At least 3 years previous sales experience and/or teller experience in a financial institution or early mastery of Personal Financial Consultant III skills required.
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for servicing credit union members and projecting a positive image as representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Requires sound and accurate judgment. Displays a willingness to make decisions in a timely manner, usually within established guidelines. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and can support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Requires excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills, ability to listen to members’ needs and promote appropriate credit union products and services.
- Knowledge of consumer lending and account opening and closing preferred.
- Knowledge of PC applications including Word and Excel required. Experience with automated core banking system preferred. Experience utilizing smartphone and tablet applications preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
Please visit the Canyon State Credit Union Career Portal to apply.