Copper State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Processor
at Copper State Credit Union
Are you looking for an opportunity let your skills shine? Come join the team at Copper State Credit Union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. With 140 employees, we are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. At Copper State Credit Union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As a Mortgage Loan Processor you will:
- Assists Member Service Specialists, Loan Sales Specialists, Underwriters and Mortgage Originators with questions regarding processing, underwriting and closing of residential real estate loans.
- Process 1st Mortgage, 2nd Mortgage, and HELOC loan applications in a timely manner.
- Set up files, order title work, tax transcripts, and appraisals through 3rd party vendors.
- Set up files and obtain required documents to complete the file. Required documents may include such items as payoffs and releases, credit reports, OFAC, Geo-codes, flood certifications, and homeowners insurance.
- Submit application packages to appropriate underwriter for decisioning.
- Satisfy underwriting and post-closing conditions.
- Mail adverse action notices to borrowers as necessary.
- Provide applicants with early disclosures as required by regulations.
- Maintain contact with realtors, title companies, PMI companies, investors, members and others involved in the transaction. Ensure timelines are met and closings are consummated as contracted.
- Coordinates closings in branch, with the title company or by electronic method when applicable..
- Prepares all required closing documents and delivers to Title Company or Member Service Specialists on time. Prepare all required closing documents for secondary market products if required by the investor.
- Book and fund closed loans. Perform post-closing functions such as review of files, receipt of recorded documents, final title letter, or endorsements.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute Demonstrate the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation Keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and credit union wide goals and be able to prioritize and collaborate with others to achieve success.
A Service Focus Demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Build constructive working relationships characterized by cooperation, collaboration, and mutual respect. Personify CSCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative Motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Display energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Wants to get in on the ground floor and create something from scratch. A bit of an entrepreneurial spirit goes a long way in our environment.
Eye for Quality Take responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Flexibility - The ability excel in a high stress environment, adapt to changing business needs and work priorities needs is a must. Develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for interviewing loan applicants and projecting a positive image as representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Ability to communicate over the phone including complaint resolution, settling disputes, resolving grievances and conflicts, and otherwise negotiating with others. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Desire to work with the public with a focus on meeting member needs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines.
- Requires education equivalent to a four-year high school education or general education degree (GED). Some post-secondary education preferred.
- Two to three years of related experience required.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Requires excellent computer and word processing skills. Experience with mortgage software programs for document processing and loan origination programs required.
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
For more information, or to apply now, please visit our career site. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.