Mortgage Community Development Loan Officer & Coordinator
- High School Diploma, GED or related experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing and/or related field preferred
- NMLS required
- 3 or more years in the mortgage industry including basic understanding of programs, terminology, market conditions (including impact with changing economic realities), Loan Origination Software (LOS) software and it's use and the impact of CRA programs and their requirements required
What you’ll do . . .
As a Mortgage Community Development Loan Officer & Coordinator for Banner Bank, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design market outreach (Land Trust, Housing Finance Agencies (HFA) ready programs, education) activities by managing and developing ongoing community campaigns with realtors, builders, financial planners and other mortgage finance related Centers of Influence (COIs) for homebuyer education opportunities and product training. Primary focus for market outreach will be low to moderate income areas and 1st Time Homebuyers
- Maintain a pipeline of CRA and non-CRA business, including but not limited to AMP Mortgage transactions, state housing along with local area down payment assistance programs while continuing to serve all bank clients and other community members with all Banner Bank mortgage products
- Develop business plans to include the implementation of a series of campaigns from existing marketing materials for prospects, current clients, past clients and lead lists as available. Primary focus will be current Banner Bank marketing materials including bank sponsored CRM (Mortgage Returns) along with identifying new opportunities for community engagement. Campaigns should be mutually inclusive of all local area lenders in addition to personal business development
- Analyze reports on pipeline management for upstream reporting on compliance issues with local area lenders to track the results from targeted CRA activity. Reporting will include but will not be limited to specific lender targets of low to moderate income borrower and community outreach, production and impact
- Identify support needs of the Community Reinvestment Production Coordinator to include management of vendor lead distribution, independent research of competitive conditions in markets related to price, service and programs (focus on CRA development specifically targeting low to moderate income potential borrowers and communities.) and in the creation of ongoing training
- Assist in branch support for product questions, cross training programs, CRM and pipeline management as well as on-boarding support for new mortgage lenders with the specific goal of meeting and exceeding market penetration in low to moderate income communities
- Promote home ownership through community outreach efforts, specifically in the communities around designated branch location demonstrating inclusive marketing efforts to develop new leads, loans and bank relationships. Conduct first time home buyer classes at or in close proximity to branch, host booths at non-profit community events etc. Goal will include at least 4 classes per quarter
- Achieve our lending origination goals inclusive of minority/diverse markets. Outreach to organizations representing the racial and ethnic makeup of the greater market area this office is serving in order to promote our lending capabilities and understand the market needs. Work with CRA and compliance department in similar fashion to benchmark CRA performance goals and develop fair lending metrics
Who you’ll work with . . .
You will be part of our Mortgage Lending team, responsible for supporting the local area mortgage production team in CRA specific market outreach as well as community education opportunities targeted specifically to low to moderate income borrowers and areas.
What Banner offers . . .
- Excellent base salary and bonus potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, health and dependent daycare funds, life and disability protection. Benefit eligibility begins the first of the month after your start date.
- Paid vacation time, sick time and 10 company paid holidays
- 401k (with up to 4% match)
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year of service (up to $5,250)
Banner Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Banner Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Banner Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Banner Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Banner Bank. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.