Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Banking Market Leader
at Bank of America Corporation
The Consumer Banking Market Leader will manage a team comprised of Financial Center Managers and Relationship Managers. The leader will drive local strategies and tactics surrounding the client experience, client relationships and deepening, and operational excellence at the market and financial center levels. They will focus on developing and executing client-driven market strategies to drive operational excellence and client-deepening strategies, while adhering to regulatory, securities and supervision laws, policies and procedures. The leader should be able to build partnerships across the organization, integrate and drive strategic management, and have experience in coaching and developing employees to deliver a client relationship oriented culture. This leader is responsible for holding Financial Center Managers and Relationship Managers accountable for operational excellence and deepening client relationships by following established client relationship care processes and building robust Consumer and Enterprise partner relationships.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of Financial Center Managers (FCMs) and Relationship Managers (RMs) to drive sales growth and operational excellence
• Translate strategy into actionable plans for the market, diagnosing team performance and financial center gaps in order to develop action plans to drive sales productivity and risk management
• Execute consistently through formalized management routines
• Monitor and inspect client management processes
• Build and manage relationships with local financial center partners (Consumer Lending, US Trust, GWIM, Small Business, etc.) to ensure referral flow and execution of business strategies (Note: while the creation and enhancement of partnerships across the company is encouraged, setting referral goals or targets for unregistered individuals for investment referrals to the broker dealer is not permissible)
• Manage and execute end-to-end talent management process including market expansion, hiring, onboarding, proficiency of sales management; perform performance reviews and provide constructive feedback and coaching
• Enforce policies and procedures and ensure adherence of team members
• Conduct financial center visits and reviews to visibly manage/inspect processes and ensure client and associate safety; compliance with financial center objectives, policies, procedures, and operations
• Partner with Operations Manager to ensure coordination and adherence of team members to enterprise operational policies and procedures
• Partner with Performance Manager to ensure that relationship deepening is being properly executed and that business objectives are being met
• Ensure alignment of financial center resources to serve the core financial needs of clients
• Leverage best practices in order to remain up to date on all risk and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for coaching the behavior and performance of all team members, while maintaining adherence to applicable securities and regulatory laws, policies and procedures
• Ensures enterprise complaint tracking process is executed and resolves all client issues that are elevated to management level
• Drive client management and relationship deepening routines
• Manages and mitigates underperforming and declining results in the risk and client experience space; develops quality action plans and completes performance improvement process if appropriate
• Ensures associates are proficient in assisting and educating clients on how to conduct simple transactions via ATA, ATM, on-line and mobile capabil
ities; identifies Small Business/Commercial self-service opportunities
• Minimum 5 years of sales and/or bank operations experience
• Proven track record of coaching and improving performance in others
• Proactively builds trusted relationships with key partners/clients
• Can quickly learn business, priorities, challenges, and goals
• Can attract, recruit and retain an effective sales and operations team
• Ability to serve as client advocate to resolve problems independently or escalate as needed with sense of urgency
• Exercises good judgment and experience to make timely and effective decisions
• Demonstrated success in building networks across and outside of organizations
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service
• Projects enthusiasm, optimism, and determination
• Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels
• Communicates strategic business plans and tactical sales goals to team members
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize, and delegate tasks
• Strong financial and business acumen including experience in leading managers and interpreting financial reports to drive profitability
• Ability to pass compliance requirements
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and excellent time management skills
• Proficiency in computer skills and professional programs (e.g. Microsoft Office)
• Travel required: Will vary depending on geography
• Undergraduate college degree
• Prior management experience
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. We serve approximately 66 million consumer and small business clients, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.