Arizona Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wire Transfer Specialist - Operations Center
at Arizona Federal Credit Union
Arizona Federal Credit Union is seeking to fill a Wire Transfer Specialist position! Arizona Federal is a great place to work, we have a wonderful culture where our employees feel valued!
A Wire Transfer Specialist must be self-directed, be forward thinking, engage in positive interactions with co-workers, and have/maintain in-depth knowledge about credit union operations.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for multiple functions within the Payment Processing Department and services to AZFCU external and internal members.
- Timely processing of all incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
- Process daily Domestic transfers, bank by mail deposits, ePays, Stop Payments.
- Crosstrain to back-up and assist with ACH, ATM, and other department functions, including, but not limited to, exceptions and research.
- To act as primary contact for all wire transfers, and ePays.
- To manage all Fedline functions including the receiving and posting of all incoming wires, transmission of all outgoing wires and maintaining established Federal Reserve balance.
- Continually educate and train AFCU staff on wire transfer.
- Provide project and/or process improvement support to the Payment Processing Manager.
- Provide department coverage to support flex schedules and vacations.
- Perform other department functions as assigned.
- Promote an environment of teamwork within the department and organization as a whole.
Skill / Requirements
Department Hours: 9am - 6pm Monday - Friday
- High School diploma or GED and two years’ experience in a financial institution or related field in Accounting/Finance, Credit Union Operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of computers and software applications in Windows, Excel and Word is required.
- Ability to type 30 wpm. Ability to perform 10 key accurately.
- Ability to read, write, speak and use proper grammar in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, correspondence, memos and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write business correspondence, write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to speak effectively to members regarding common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience in Wire Transfers or ACH or Check Processing.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications in Windows, Excel and Word is preferred.
Hours for the department are Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Arizona Federal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran. Arizona Federal complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Arizona Federal has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.