Arizona Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer - Operations Center
at Arizona Federal Credit Union
A rewarding challenge awaits you as a Sr. Business Intelligence Developer for Arizona Federal Credit Union
Arizona Federal Credit Union is seeking a dynamic, and experienced, Sr. Business Intelligence Developer to lead us forward. This is a great opportunity if you have the credentials, energy and presence to play a vital and rewarding role planning and developing innovative strategies that create long-term, mutually beneficial results.
If selected for this critical role, you will need to hit the ground running and will:
The Sr. BI Developer is responsible for delivering high quality, moderate to complex reporting, data and analytics to business units across the organization in support of a wide range of initiatives including business intelligence, board and regulatory reporting, organizational strategic initiatives, performance improvement activities and compliance. Continuously looks for new ways of introducing process improvement in all aspects of the development life cycle. Performance, improved productivity, efficiencies, and optimization are key measurements. An understanding of business processes, key metrics to manage these processes, and the data behind those metrics is crucial to the success of this role. Performs, communicates and makes actionable recommendations of database, statistical and report findings. Duties include extracting, analyzing and interpreting financial data from multiple sources.
Communicate at all levels as a key factor for success utilizing technical documentation, emails, meetings and client updates. Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards or other outputs. Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes within the credit union’s BI solution. Assist in preparing detailed specifications for database proposals that will be used to design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain database entities. Create, research and resolve data load (ETL) issues from the different data environments. Peer code reviews and inspections for the purpose of program optimization and accuracy. Provide security, integrity and validity to all credit union data and all BI reports. Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members within the Credit Union. May act as a project manager for data/analysis/reporting projects that cross organizational lines. Collaborates with various business units to ensure that data are generated and logged accurately and meet reporting requirements. Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
- BS in Information Technology, Business Administration and seven years of experience as a Business Intelligence Developer, or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehouse architecture and experience in data modeling.
- Experience in ETL tools, BI and Analytics, data marts and cubes, implementing and supporting production environments.
- Five years of experience in designing, developing and implementing BI solutions with Microsoft technologies including MS SQL Server 2012 & above, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS with MDX/DAX (Multi-Dimensional and/or Tabular).
- Experience in reporting and data visualization tools including Tableau, SSRS, or Power BI.
- Experience with performance tuning techniques such as indexing, query optimization and analyzing query execution plans.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills, conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to perform all functions independently in a reasonable amount of time.
- Must be capable of working multiple priorities at any one time and evaluate/prioritize as necessary.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Financial industry experience. Experience implementing and delivering solutions with Big Data platforms like Hadoop.
- Experience in Python development (machine learning and AI).
- Work experience with multiple database platforms and BI delivery solutions.
Hours are Mon-Fri 9 am to 6 pm
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger keys accurately when using calculator machines or computer keyboards; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to travel independently to department and branch locations. NOTE: The requirements listed in the above qualifications and essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical demands or work environment required or encountered that must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.