Arizona Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Banker - Colonnade Branch
at Arizona Federal Credit Union
Position Title: Personal Banker
- Open new accounts with an emphasis on activating services that are in the member’s best interest/help them achieve their financial success
- Process specialty account opening requests, such as trust accounts
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all non-equity loan options, including but not limited to: personal, share secured, auto, boat and recreational vehicles.
- Successfully pass the Credit Consultation Certification within three months
- Process and fund loan applications
- Have effective conversations with members about additional loan protection products
- Educate members on money management behaviors (managing credit, budgeting, etc.) and practices to help reduce their financial stress and to assist them in reaching their financial goals
- Provide notary services
- Complete service calls and/or other outbound call efforts. (Calls will periodically be evaluated and recorded)
- Complete audits as assigned
- Includes Teller requirements
- May include Sr. Teller requirements
In compliance with the federal Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (S.A.F.E.) Act of 2008, Arizona Federal employees acting as Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS or Registry) and obtain a unique identifier (NMLS Number).
Prior to performing MLO duties, the registration process requires a MLO applicant to:
1. Electronically submit to the Registry personal and employment information as well as authorize and attest to the accuracy of the information submitted;
2. Submit fingerprints to the NMLS for an FBI criminal background check; and
3. Receive clearance from Arizona Federal based on the FBI background check results.
Applicants with certain criminal convictions, including but not limited to crimes involving dishonesty or fraud, or crimes involving financial services or a financial services related business, will not qualify for the MLO designation.
After successful registration, clearance by Employee Services and having an assigned NMLS number, employees may perform MLO functions which include:
- Taking a residential mortgage loan application; and
- Offering or discussing the terms of a residential mortgage loan.
To maintain MLO registration and the ability to perform these functions, a MLO must:
1. Renew registration on an annual basis during the annual renewal period (November 1 through December 31; and
2. Update any changes to his/her registration information.
The MLO’s registration and employment status will be available to the public from the Registry.
A registered MLO will provide his or her unique identifier/NMLS Number:
- Upon request;
- Before acting as a MLO; and
- Through the initial written communication with a member/residential mortgage loan applicant.
MLOs routinely handle confidential member information, and have strict requirements for maintaining the confidentiality and non-disclosure of that information.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) year experience in a financial institution, or six (6) months experience with Arizona Federal. Must register as an MLO. Knowledge of PC software applications in Windows and Word. Ability to type 45 words per minute. Ability to read, write, speak and use proper grammar in English. Ability to read interpret and analyze written instructions, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple business correspondence. Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the telephone. Ability to speak effectively to members regarding sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to speak effectively presenting information to groups of members. Ability to apply commonsense understanding when dealing with problems involving variables in standardized situations. Ability to calculate rates, ratios and percentages.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance; stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger keys accurately when using calculator machines or computer keyboards; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to travel independently to departments and branch locations. NOTE: The requirements listed above qualifications and essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical demands or work environment required or encountered that must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.