Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Banker Outside Sales
at Ameris Bank
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
We want to fill this position with a qualified applicant who would like to have a long term, rewarding career with our bank.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate our core values of: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Honesty and High Standards.
A Mortgage Banker’s primary responsibility is to originate conventional residential mortgage loans and FHA/VA loans for the purpose of selling in the secondary market. The applicant will seek to develop contacts with local realtors, developers and builders to encourage use of Bank services for residential mortgages.
The applicant should be service-oriented, professional, friendly, and enjoy our fast-paced atmosphere. May be required to work weekend and/or extended hours. Regular, reliable attendance is crucial to our success.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write clear and concise correspondence
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in financial computer applications
- Basic knowledge of loan documentation for state and compliance lending laws
- Complete working knowledge of secondary market investors products, programs and pricing
- Minimum 2-4 years prior experience successfully originating residential mortgage loans. Preferably in a retail banking environment.
- Proficiency in Encompass loan origination system
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.