Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
at AmeriFirst Financial
Job Reference #: 1064135
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Banking/Credit Unions, Financial Services - Mortgage, Financial Services - ALL CATEGORIES
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
|Department:||Loan Officer Assistants|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
Want to be a part of a dynamic company and team? Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you! Are you an Experienced Licensed Loan Officer Assistant wanting to work with a Top Producer? We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us!
** Pay Commensurate with Experience**
- Must Have an Approved Texas Mortgage Loan Originator License
Executive Summary of Position:
AmeriFirst Financial is involved in all aspects of retail mortgage lending and works to provide borrowers, local realtors, and others in the mortgage and real estate industry with a comprehensive selection of loan products and uncompromised service at competitive rates. The Loan Officer Assistant works in partnership with one or more AmeriFirst Loan Officers exercising a high degree of skill and judgement to meet the financing needs of the company’s clients. The Loan Officer Assistant ensures that all minimum performance standards of the Loan Officer role are met: complete loan application, all upfront compliance disclosures are completed and signed by all parties, borrower documentation necessary to qualify is collected and submitted to processing, and a 90% or greater COE success ratio is maintained.
The Loan Officer Assistant will oversee the origination, file management, communication, and revenue of the Loan Officer and Team. This position will be in direct communication with Clients, Realtors, Builders, and Business Partners. This position requires time management, precise verbal and written communication and have working knowledge of all major investors and their guidelines.
- Prequalifies clients
- Attends all functions with Loan Officer when required.
- Complete checklist on all files and adhere to company timeframes
- Call and obtain conditions from borrowers and Realtors.
- Meets with clients to sign Loan Application and Disclosures.
- With new contracts, facilitate the introduction to Realtors via e-mail and facilitate a call from the Loan Officer to ensure positive customer service for our new clients.
- All files turned into processing within 24 hours of meeting with the borrower.
- Understands and research’s all investor guidelines and is up to date in any and all program changes that effect the processing or originating of loans in pipeline.
- Submits complete files to processing based on Investor and/or AUS requirements to get ready for submission.
- Clears any conditions that require communication to the clients.
- Communicates with team all information pertaining to client and/or property to meet file expectations.
- Communicates loan approval by sending pre-approval/commitment letters to all parties involved in transaction.
- Responsible for once a week status calls to all parties involved in transaction (Clients, Realtors, Builder, etc.).
- Tracks and manages new leads and follows up on referral business.
- Sends out correspondence - Thank you cards, Closing Cost Calculators, etc.
- Coordinate Closing details with Client - Final Payment, rate, Cash to Close, etc.
- Assist the Loan Officer with other administrative and/or sales duties as needed.
- Solve escrow issues.
- Consistently exceed borrower expectations and Realtor/Builder expectations.
- Set up file using the loan officer checklist and turn into processing.
- Review all closing statements and compare to signed GFE before signings and correct discrepancies.
- Assist with putting scenarios together for prospective clients (researching client scenarios with underwriting and investor guidelines).
- Assist Loan Officer with call backs to prospects that need a phone consult prior to a face to face meeting.
- Face to face meetings with clients when Loan Officer cannot attend.
- Re Disclose all new loans when there is a change of circumstance.
- Attend all loan reviews.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example through the sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, skills, Abilities and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- More than 1 year working in a similar position or as a Loan Officer
- Loan Officer Assistants must be licensed through the state of Texas (Loan Origination License through NMLS).
- Proficient in DU/DO, LP, & major Origination systems.
- Represent AmeriFirst Financial in a positive way in dealing with clients and other employees
- Includes common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Language skill include the ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or vendors
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Required is that of basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!