Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AmeriFirst Financial
Executive Summary of Position:
Amerifirst Financial, Inc. is involved in all aspects of retail mortgage lending and works to provide borrowers, local realtors, and others in the mortgage and real estate industry with a comprehensive selection of loan products and uncomprised service at competitive rates.
The purpose of the Branch Manager position is to direct and manage the sales activities of the branch ensuring that efficient customer service is provided and quality loans are generated.
- Responsible for originating loans and performing the duties of a Mortgage Loan Officer on personal production
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching, and motivating a staff of outside loan officers to meet sales production goals
- Responsible for managing total revenue and origination quality of branch
- Manages loan processing and branch operations, oversees loan pipelines, coordinates workflow, and communicates new policies and procedures to staff members.
- Oversees branch administration, sales, and processing activity to ensure compliance with all company policies and adherence to all applicable state and federal laws and/or regulations including, but not limited to, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, Fair Housing Act, Dodd Frank, and any related state mortgage banking laws, as well as, the rules and ethics of the mortgage banking industry and HUD.
- Identify partnership opportunities and develop strong business relationships.
- Liaison with HR and other corporate department managers as needed to address branch needs, problem solve and obtain additional support.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example through sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Reporting of potential or actual violations of such policies, practices and procedures to Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education, Knowledge, skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Mortgage Loan Originator License is required.
- This position requires strong sales and marketing skills, excellent communication skills and detailed follow-through.
- 5+ years of successful external/outside retail mortgage origination experiences with an emphasis on self-sourced business.
- Proven track record of 2+ years of hiring, motivating, and/or managing a sales force in the mortgage industry while also demonstrating a proven ability to meet production standards set for Branch production.
- History of ability to direct the work of mortgage loan officers (Including; setting and monitoring of goals, implementing policies and procedures, and managing price protection)
- Proven history of established and documented referral partner relationships in the market in which they are applying (e.g., realtors, builders, attorneys, financial advisors or CPAs).
- Proven ability to analyze and review General Ledger and Profit and Loss Statements
- Complete familiarity with FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA guidelines and understanding of all facets involved in real estate transactions.
- Ability to originate quality loan production until such time as the branchs volume reaches sufficient levels to warrant non-production from manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Computer skill required is that of basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Experience with Encompass 360 LOS preferred.
- This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
- Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.