Hueytown, Bessemer, Lakeshore, Vestavia, Inverness
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells consignment items, cashier checks and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions. Notifies Head Teller of any discrepancies.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records in accordance with all established credit union procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and reports suspicious activity for Head Teller's review.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs member to the appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including auditing, processing night drop and ATM deposits, and handling safety deposit rental income.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Provide friendly, professional, personal service to all members and employees maintaining a Quality Loop score of 6.7 or higher.
Balance your drawer daily and accurately post transactions.
Proactively seek opportunities to identify appropriate products and services for the betterment of the member.
Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
Maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
6 months of cash handling preferred.
A high school education or GED.
Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.
Must demonstrate good judgement in order to evaluate identities, accounts, checks and currency.
Must have the ability to use an online computer system, organize transactions and accurately handle large sums of money.
Light lifting required.